- This topic has 11 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by .
It seems to me that the prophecies about 2012 actually predict good things to happen. They talk about great leaps and transformations for humankind.
So why all the fear and anxiety?
All the other stuff, like Peak Oil and Timewave Zero is just stuff that modern people have made up and convienently decided will happen in 2012.
There’s really nothing to worry about.
And the whole idea of a planet on a collision course with Earth was totally discredited years ago.
Here are a few of the things that people are making a fuss about. This is from Wikipedia’s article on ‘2012’:
2012 is sometimes claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the thirteenth B’ak’tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.
Accordingly, several eclectic authors claim that a major, world-changing event will take place in 2012:
* The 1995 book The Mayan Prophecies linked the Maya calendar with long-period sunspot cycles.
* The book 2012: Mayan Year of Destiny claims the Maya may have been instructed in their wisdom by disembodied entities from Orion and the Pleiades. Contact was maintained through shamanic rituals conducted in accordance with the movements of planets and stars. However, some Mayan priests living and working in Guatemala assert that there is no legitimacy to this theory.
* The 1997 book The Bible Code claims that, according to certain algorithms of the Bible code, a meteor, asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.
* The book The Nostradamus Code speaks of a series of natural disasters caused by a comet (possibly as above) that will allow the third Antichrist to disperse his troops around the globe under the guise of aid in preparation for a possible nuclear war, although in the strictest sense it is unspecific as to nuclear war or some other natural or man caused destruction.
* The book The Orion Prophecy claims that the Earth’s magnetic field will reverse.
* The 2005 book Beyond 2012: Catastrophe or Ecstasy by Geoff Stray reviews several theories, prophecies and predictions concerning 2012 and finds where authors have used faulty information or have bent the truth to fit their theories.
* The 2006 book 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck discusses theories of a possible global awakening to psychic connection by the year 2012, creating a noosphere.
* The 2007 book Apocalypse 2012: A Scientific Investigation into Civilization’s End by Lawrence Joseph does not make any specific new predictions, but it reviews a number of 2012 predictions made by various sources, and presents arguments for the possible existence of dangerous positive feedback loops involving solar storms, Earth’s magnetic field, cosmic rays, hurricanes, global warming, earthquakes, and supervolcanoes that may be on the verge of erupting.
Other prophecies and apocalyptic writings and hypotheses for this year include:
* Terence McKenna’s numerological novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which humankind will go through a great shift in consciousness.
* Some proponents of a peak oil catastrophe place major events in 2012. Richard C. Duncan’s book The Peak of World Oil Production and the Road To The Olduvai Gorge claims that the Olduvai cliff will begin and permanent blackouts will occur worldwide. Several studies predict a peak in oil production in or around 2012
What are your thoughts about what might happen 5 years from now.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.