December 2, 2010 at 11:55 am #25296
December 2, 2010 at 12:45 pm #315705December 2, 2010 at 1:13 pm #315692December 2, 2010 at 1:28 pm #315684December 2, 2010 at 1:47 pm #315677December 2, 2010 at 2:33 pm #315649::
it is a self awareness.It is a collective feeling, composed of components..as senses, instincts, provided by neurons in our nervous systems. etc.
one of the earliest notions of higher mammals,but also, as a basic instinct of all living. initially prerequisites, to assure survival of a individual and, as such a species of the same branch.December 2, 2010 at 3:11 pm #315632::
This is a great question. From what I can tell, we are the source of our consciousness, and we make decisions about how we live our lives based on our experiences, our perceptions and a variety of other things. This doesn’t exclude other things from having an impact on our consciousness (i.e. divine intervention). I’m a writer, and quite often I’ll find myself consciously sitting at the computer and writing something, but it doesn’t feel like it’s coming from me. Maybe part of what consciousness is about is nothing being limited by “either/or” choices; we are conscious of whatever we are conscious, but there is also some kind of “higher” consciousness available that at least some people can access. Thanks for asking this question!December 2, 2010 at 4:04 pm #315604December 2, 2010 at 4:49 pm #315585::
…Consciousness has never been observed.
…Neither has it been weighed or measured.
…The source of consciousness is unknown.
…It’s location, within or without the body, has never been discovered.
…No one has determined what consciousness consists of, or contains.
…And, there’s not one single bit of scientific proof that consciousness is biological.
Therefor, it appears, all the material written about consciousness is subjective.December 2, 2010 at 5:37 pm #315558December 2, 2010 at 6:16 pm #315543December 2, 2010 at 7:05 pm #315512::
I believe the source of consciousness is your God-breathed spirit.
If God created you, God breathed life into you.
Your conscious is always there. Your free will manipulates it however. If a person wishes to “find” his true conscious, he must re-connect with the Holy Spirit. This is the essence of reconciliation with God. Repentance comes next, then salvation.
That would be the CHristian answer. For other beliefs, you may get other opinions.December 2, 2010 at 7:46 pm #315489December 2, 2010 at 8:17 pm #315469::
The consciousness is concerned with soul and it can be classified into two categories. The Individual and the Universal consciousness. The Total of the Universal consciousness can be Mind,Energy and Matter.Thus, the Individual soul is no different from Universal consciousness. This hypothesis regarding the identity of the ‘two’ souls is further supported by” Aham Brahma Asmi” ( Mahavakyas). This identity between individual and universal souls has been extended to include matter, energy, and the mind as well. It should be keep in mind that individual souls are housed in causal bodies. The Matter provides a housing(body,matter) to the soul(Atman) to live in. Mind stuff is instrumental in setting energy into operation which in turn, causes the motion of matter. Without intervention of mind,energy can not function,This brings us to the Yogic concept that all activity in the universe is controlled by Mind.The mind stuff is the element that the soul uses to think with it. It supplies the motive force to put energy into use.Thanks to the questioner for teaching question for the society.February 3, 2011 at 10:59 pm #274383::
Am the source of consciousness……..where the cosmic energy flows…………..am ‘THAT’…………………..any questions related to spirituality can be answered by the one who has reached that source of consciousness………not by the one who is still in his mind………….whose mind is still chattering………..but whose mind is silent…………………..and the one whose mind is silent is that one who has reached that source and is the source itself……………………..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Are brainwaves the source of consciousness?
- Can you have source without the energy of source, love without passion or passion without love?
- Due to Earth's limited energy source, is there any machine that can generate energy by itself ?
- Has anyone experienced Christ Consciousness,that is, a state of union with the Source of All Consciousness?
- How can gravitons be the source of gravity?
- How can I stop a negative energy source?
- Is it possible to levitate by using chi energy or any source of energy..?
- Is there a difference between pure love from source and unconditional love?
- What concepts did John Locke contribute to the Enlightenment? Any source of inspiration for these concepts?
- What is a good source for finding magick spells that work?
- What is at the source of kundalini awakening? is it demonic?
- What is the original source of all of the energy on Earth?
- What is the primary source of all energy for living organisms on earth?
- What is the source of consciousness – where does it come from?
- What is the source of energy for the swirling mass of iron in the earth's core?
- what is the source of the energy that Earth receives from the Sun?
- What is the source of violence in the human consciousness?
- What source would sound the most intriguing for my manga?
- Why do we think that the source of consciousness is devine?
- Will the moon ever be mined to provide an energy source for planet earth?