What is the best Yoga breathing ratio to reduce stress ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down
    ::

I was told that the ratio 4(inhale) and 8(breath out) was great. But I am looking for alternative ratios. Anything ratio that would help reduce my stress and blood p[ressure would help. Thanks for your recommendations.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

breathe half a breath in for two counts, fully exhale for 2 counts, pause 1 count, full inhale for 4 counts, pause 1 count, exhale for 4 counts.
    we do something like that in yoga class, the point is the break your breath.

Keymaster
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I do the YRG Workout, a form of power yoga. What they teach is to breath in for 7 seconds filling your stomach with air and then exhale for 7 pulling your belly button back to your spine. Then increase this as best you can. I am up to 30 seconds on my inhale and then a 30 second exhale. One person in my class can do a 60 second rep. I found that this helps clear my mind, reduce stress and gains focus. Sometimes I do during my daily routine like driving on the freeway. Hope this helps!

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Said to be a combination of many of the major stress-management techniques, including breathing, meditation, mental imagery and exercise, yoga is probably the oldest self-development technique in existence. 1. Sit a few inches from the wall with your legs crossed. 2. “Walk” your fingers up the wall, stretching from the lower back. 3. Broaden your shoulders by separating and lifting your shoulder blades. Keep your throat and neck soft. Don’t tense your shoulders, just lift them. 4. When you think you have gone as high as you can, rest for a moment while your body adjusts to the pose, then walk your fingers a little higher. 5. Rest and repeat several times.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.