What is it called when a person can take negative energy from another person?

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down
    ::

My boyfriend has the ability to take away someone’s sadness or pain, if only for a short period of time, and I was wondering if there was a name for that.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

thats impossible. there’s no such thing.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

It sounds like “empathy” is the word you’re looking for.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/empathy
    “2: the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner”
    [edit]: Actually, now that I think of it, you might be thinking of Reiki or “energy healing”… does he take the negative energy onto himself or just kind of “push it away”? If he doesn’t take it on himself, that sounds more like Reiki. There’s an article on Wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reiki (although both skeptics and practitioners wrote parts of the article so there’s a dual-bias in it). I hope I was able to help!

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

it’s called having a hyperactive imagination

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Neutralizing or releasing negative energy is called “grounding” it. His element may be the element of Earth.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I call people with that talent “friends”.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Dude, he’s totally an energy vampire!
    Actually… it’s BS.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

How wonderful, im not sure what its called but, i agree with another ‘ grounding’ is a good start. Ifs also to do with his wonderful energy and his healing abilities.
    Dont listen to others, they obviously have not had too much experience in this area.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.