September 8, 2010 at 7:54 pm #19150
September 8, 2010 at 8:53 pm #345174September 8, 2010 at 9:07 pm #345171::
The camera is imaging what is sometimes called “Kirlian” energy.
Every living thing, particular creatures with thinking minds (like humans), produce an electric field, usually concentrated around the head where the largest percentage of neurons and electrical activity is concentrated.
That energy can be photographed with the right type of camera. Similar to cameras that can take infrared or UV photos.
In addition, since since living creatures can conduct electricity, any electrical field around that person can create a small “discharge” that they might not feel but could be photographed. Some people claim to be able to actually see that energy field, perhaps because their visual cortex is more sensitive to that particular wavelength of energy.September 8, 2010 at 9:19 pm #345165::
You can achieve the same effect in numerous ways, though not perhaps with all the same colors. Want your own? Take a plate of glass and spray it with canned hair spray (cheap hairspray will work just fine). Then hold your hand palm-up and lay the glass spray-side down on top of your hand while the spray is still wet. Leave it there until it dries. You have to leave the glass face-down with your palm – if you hold it upright, it won’t work as well – holding it upright will show you an aura that is over-extended in the upwards-direction.
Once it’s dry, you can remove your hand and have a gander – this is the same effect at work in kirlian photography. You can color it on the opposite side of the glass if you like, though a more interesting way to get color is to add food dye to the hairspray when it’s fresh out of the bottle. Once dry, frame it on a white background and you’ll have your own kirlian print.
For a bit of another interesting effect, you can take very thin sheets of plastic – many of them, as thin as they can be while still being firm enough to remain flat – and using different colors in the hairspray on several sheets, make a bunch and then group them together.
Another effect can be attained by taking one that you’ve done on glass and baking it at around 400 degrees (F) or so – you’d want to put the glass in the oven before turning it on, however, or else placing cool glass in a hot oven will just make it shatter. Leave it on for about 5 minutes after it’s gotten really good and hot, then turn the oven off and let the glass cool before removing it. You’ll have a “scorched” aura-print.
You can also achieve the “phantom leaf” effect by laying the glass spray-side up and pressing a leaf onto it, then with a razor blade, slicing a bit of it off and removing it. Then hold it upwards – spray-side down as with your hand – and let dry.
Whether or not these are really “auras” is still the subject of debate in certain circles, but if you’re into that sort of thing it can provide some amount of interest while you pass the time. And while the techniques used in “real” kirlian photography produce much prettier imagery, the prints you make this way can be scanned and colorized in a photoshop or something similar for an effect every bit as stunning.September 8, 2010 at 9:30 pm #345163September 8, 2010 at 10:07 pm #345152September 8, 2010 at 10:23 pm #345148September 8, 2010 at 11:04 pm #345133September 8, 2010 at 11:20 pm #345128
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Can You Film A Video Of Yourself Astral Projecting And Put It On Youtube?
- Does anyone have a photo on Glen Ordneau, the guy who supposedly looks like a voodoo doll?
- f you supposedly celebrate Christmas as a christian holiday, why do all christian's put up the pagan tree?
- How close to the truth is the film 'Kundun', based on the Dalai Lama's life?
- I am in dire need of what was called "shakabuku" in a recent film, or enlightenment, or satori, or clarity. ?
- I am trying to find the name of a ghost film I watched as a child would like to see it again?
- If the Dalai Lama is supposedly the reincarnation of an enlightened being, why is he still here?
- in all living things there is energy or electricity which certain cameras can pick up, is this life your soul?
- Is Aleister Crowley the grandfather or George W. Bush JR? Supposedly Time Mag. had an article on it?
- Name of film where camera zooms out to reveal the scene is happening within a crystal ball held by someone?
- Once we develop the technology to capture the consciousness inside a computer, what will happen to the body?
- Should a normal digital camera be able to capture any image that your eyes can see?
- Supposedly,what can Chi energy do?
- What is a good film that specifically deals with issues of the human consciousness and/or A.I.?
- What is your personal aura and is it affected by your religion? (calm aura, frantic aura, beautiful aura etc)?
- Where does the gift of telepathy supposedly originate from?
- While mediating where exactly did your astral self supposedly went?
- Who do you think should play Albert Einstein in the film which is already scheduled?
- why are aura cameras so expensive?
- Why won't anybody acknowledge that David Tyree's (supposedly catch) hit the turf?