Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down
    ::

Merry Christmas!
    I have decided to keep a new years resolution which is to join a gym and get fit. Im only a couple of pounds over weight so im not bothered about that as that can be easily resolved (hopefully), its the fact that I am extremely unfit which is crap. I run out of breath quickly and I hate the feeling but how the hell am I supposed to keep fit if i cant stand a treadmill? Id love to join a yoga class but there are none in my area. And alsoooo! Once i start eating eating i cant stop but i need to eat! any tips 😛
    THANK YOU! XX

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Run up and down the stairs lots of times until you break a sweat

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Ummmmmm you can walk a dog and get use to it, start at 10 minutes than raise it up. Or do situps(its hard) so u might not stick with it. Go out with girls get support from people that feel th esame way!!

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Join an aerobics class or a dance class. They both are in groups which you would make friends and motivate you more to go .

Keymaster
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

10 press ups and 40 crunches everyday without fail.OK NOW GET OFF YOUR OVERSIZED JELLY BUTT AND START GETTING IN SHAPE !!!!!1 : )

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

the best thing to do is to keep a schedual book of fitness activities. and try to stick too it. if dieting is more your thing you could also try to write down how many calories you eat a day and just monitor that

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Try just walking slowly on the treadmill. And work your way up. Also when you eat try to eat 3 meals a day and LIGHT snacks. Your body will tell you when you are full but you just have to listen to it.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

You can try asking a friend to join you, and you guys can do stuff like jogging together, its less boring that way.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I am exactly the same way….or was.
    What i did was order yoga and polatie (i cants spell) videos from my local library. I drank TONS and tons of water. which drains fat if you drink enough!
    If you drink out of bottles youll drink more, because you feel like its not much or enough.
    I did use a treadmill too actually. ://
    and when i came to eating…
    if you eat a handful of unsalted peanuts before you ate your meal…youll eat 30% LESS OF YOUR MEAL! it really worksss!
    oh and NO SODA!!! thats rule one.
    rule two. KEEP SPICY FOODS IN YOUR DIET.
    lots of eggs and tuna…things with PROTEIN!
    😀
    merry xmas!

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

drink lots of water before you eat. it will help fill you up faster.
    eat slowly
    don’t watch t.v while you eat. your brain won’t register that you are feeding your self and you will just keep feeling hungry and then you will keep eating and eating …

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

everyone needs to eat, maybe you should change WHAT you eat. In the morning, dont have caffeine or anything like that, have an apple, it gives you more energy. If you want to loose weight, a good way is to eat celery. you dont have to go on a treadmill to loose weight, you can just walk around for 30 min. or so. Drink water or low fat milk every day. HOPE THIS HELPS!

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Join the YMCA, you can take all kinds of yoga, pilates, and aerobic classes for free.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

no more McDonalds

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I understand where you’re coming from. Personally, I decided to sign up to run a half marathon! I’d never been a runner AT ALL but I did this 12 week training plan and it was great. It gave me a goal to work for. It may seem a little daunting but, trust me, if I can do it, anyone can.
    A half marathon will definitely get you in shape and I think it’s a big accomplishment. Plenty of friends and family supported me through training and cheered me on at my race!
    I enjoy running because it also gets you outdoors. It’s also great to find a running buddy or two. While running you also need to do some cross training (just hit the gym) and stretch and strength. I recommend getting a few yoga DVD’s and doing them in your living room. I took yoga lessons for a couple years in college. Now in my current location their aren’t any nearby, so I’ve become addicted to DVD’s!
    This will give you a nice workout schedule with some hard days and some easy days! Good luck.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

best tip to be fit for life:
    read “body for life” by bill phillips.
    youll know what most good trainers do when your done.. ..its easy, short, and very motivational. do it.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

wear a pedometer and make sure you take 15,000 steps a day. if you haven’t, then get your behind outside and walk more.
    break a sweat for at least 10 minutes at a time, 3 times a day, every day
    stop eating junk (no duh) and try to at least eat something semi good.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

First of all – start loving yourself!

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

They key to weight loss is NOT to count calories! Although most people think a certain number of calories is bad, that simply isn’t true. Calories are units of measurement–for energy! And the more energy you have, the faster your metabolism is! More important than watching calories is watching what’s in them. For instance, 1000 calories of protein will give you lots of energy, and will all be burned as you digest it. However 100 calories of fat will just stay on you like a little dorito-sized lump of lard. Plus, eating fewer calories will slow down your metabolism, so when you do eat something bad for you, your body won’t be used to digesting it. Instead of digesting it, it will just be absorbed as fat.
    So, believe it or not, eating 2,500 calories a day worth of protein is healthier and more conducive to weight loss than eating 1000 calories a day worth of fat, carbs, sugars, and other bad stuff. Lus, the fewer calories you have, the less energy you have to work out!

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

1)What do you mean by “get fit”,fit to play tennis or run a marathon or swim 10 miles etc?
    2)Yoga is not much use
    3)Walk 20 minutes each other day for 4 weeks then add small amounts of jogging each week
    4)you need goals,e.g I can do 10 push ups now but I want to be able to do 30

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Hi!
    You have to win the battle in your mind first. Decide what you want to do and decide to to it right away, no delays, don’t postpone. Many are telling you practical ways like drinking water, exercise, run, etc. it is up to you what to do when you do it, you know yourself what suits you. When you start don’t let any reason makes you quit, continue until you see result. No one can do it but yourself! Take a break though and observe people are not getting result and see how they are and observe those who are getting result, learn from both sides and go on with your goal. I hope this help. Merry Christmas to you.
    Lots of love.
    Liz

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.