It is said that through meditation that we can heal all illnesses and pains by gathering more cosmic energy…

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down
    ::

by igloo:

i could see how it could take your mind off of pain but illnesses? And if monks practice this what is the average life span of the average monk?

Answer by pogmothoingod
    There are no immortal monks.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

It’s the healing ability of positive thought, like a placebo effect.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

it is true.
    With the FAITH of knowing in your heart that you can heal, you will heal.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

“It is said” by whom?
    Consider the source.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Meditation cannot heal illnesses. But it can calm your body and mind.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Go ahead and try it… but I’m not giving up my health insurance.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

No, we cannot heal ourselves by gathering “cosmic energy”..ONLY GOD/CHRIST has that power!

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I don’t know about the life span, no one knows, but Meditation is highly recommended. Try it. It’s definitely helpful to keep your mind at ease.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

you really don’t channel anything but endorphins rippling through your body. through meditation you can do all kinds of weird things like control your body temperature, revive old memories and, consequently, kill pain. it’s like hypnotism on your self!

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I don’t believe anyone can heal all illnesses and pain that way. But if you are interested in this subject, I suggest you read the book You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Haye. It is more about metaphysics and is very interesting. I do believe your thoughts can somewhat control how quickly you heal, and that some negative thoughts can make you sick (I’m not talking about terminal illnesses here). And as for Monks, I am sure whatever they are doing lessens the pain and suffering they feel. No one lives longer because they pray for it.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

one piece of good evidence for this is that after the hiroshima bombing the local monks had much less cancer than the rest of the people.
    My understanding is that it is to do with the link between body mind and spirit – if one is healthy so will the others be. If you are happy then you will be healthy, and also the other way around.
    As far as cosmic energy, it does seem to me that there is such a thing as divine love, or white light, or cosmic energy that when it flows into us creates health and happiness etc. I believe that all the major religions are attempts at teaching how to bring in that energy.
    I have also found that it is very important what kind of energy you bring in – that it is equally possible to make yourself sick with unhealthy energy as it is to make yourself well with healthy energy.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.