Is wicca magick revolved around one religion?

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down
    ::

I was just wondering, can christians practise magick?
    i mean i hear from people that it is satanic and crap but people arnt always right. Like it doesnt go against will of God or anything?
    IM just trying to decode the religeon mysterys of things that are considered “satanic” to some people. We tend to fear things that are different.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Wicca is a religion, not the practice of magic. Getting into Wicca for “magick” is like becoming Jewish for bagels.
    Christians have been doing various types of magic for centuries.
    Try these:
    The Magical Writings of Thomas Vaughan:

Greater Key of Solomon:

Ancient Christian Magic:

The Divine Synthesis and Realization of Magic by the Christian Revelation

While there are bans against specific magical acts in the Bible, these books all detail magic allowed to Christians.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

“Wicca magick” would, by definition, be centered around one religion: Wicca. But Wiccans are hardly the only group that practice some form of witchcraft or magic.
    As for the Christians, well most Christians will tell to no, but there are indeed people out there who identify as “Christian witches” or what not. So yes, they do exist. I don’t understand how Christians can point to one line in the Bible that says people aren’t allowed to do things like divination, yet we find stories in the same book about Joseph and his prophetic dream, staffs turning into snakes, etc.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Well Wicca is most definitely NOT Satanic in nature. Magic and witchcraft can be centered around whatever you want it to be centered around, so that is up for debate.
    Wicca itself is a religion, and it doesn’t necessarily have to include magic. There are many witches out there that aren’t Wiccan, and there are many Wiccans who don’t practice witchcraft. So the two aren’t necessarily equal.
    As for magic being okay with God, that depends on how literal you take the bible. The bible says not to practice anything that is occult, which magic usually falls under. I personally see no problem with it- God gave you the ability, why would he not let you use it? sort of thing. But that, as with everything else, is up for debate.
    Just so you know, magic is nothing more than collecting your energies and directing them to manifest your will. It has nothing to do with Satan or being evil, unless you want it to be. Some would say it’s like proactive prayer- but instead of asking someone for help, you go out and do it yourself.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Well, yes, Wiccan magic revolves around one religion: the religion of Wicca.
    But there’s plenty of magical practices that has nothing to do with Wicca. In the west, the majority of the magical tradition was created by Christians, so yes, Christians can practice magic! (although some Christians will disagree with that statement)

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Wicca magick revolves around Satan worship, whether those involved choose to acknowledge/admit it or not.
    No Christians can’t practice magick. I’ve been a Christian for over 55 years now, and I’ve seen a lot of wicca, and it’s incompatible with Christianity.
    You don’t pray to God when you invoke spirits and incantations and spells, so God isn’t involved in it. If you have God in your life in Christ, you don’t need wicca or magick.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Not all wiccans practice magic and not all witches are wiccan.
    Yes, some Christians practice a form of magic that is in more tune to their beliefs.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Please don’t think of doing magick. Any result that you get will be purely coincidental.
    Don’t think that drawing weird patterns and chanting some mumbo jumbo will get you any results.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Wicca is a religion. Witchcraft is the practice of magic. The Wiccan religion is pretty modern (less than 70 years old). Many of us use magic, most of us respect magic, but we don’t own magic.
    There are Christian Witches who don’t believe it goes against God.
    There are other Christians who would disagree with the Christian Witches.
    I think we all have to figure out what we believe and be true to that.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.