Is it safe to partake in Taoist practices when I am a newbie?

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down
    ::

I just got into Taoism but i have been doing energy raising meditation for about a month now and i can feel my sub-navel chakra, heart chakra, crown, and third-eye. Would be safe to continue this form of mediation and to do other ones like retention and testicular breathing when i have not even finished reading “Tao Te Ching’, and on Taoist forums i often have no clue what they are talking about? By the way i am 16 and was born into Christianity but it doesn’t suit me.
    I am not a christian and it doesn’t feel weird to me, I’m just wondering.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I am strange to hear that a Christian choose to partake in Taoism. If you don’t feel very good, you’d better quit it.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

you continue because you know you can & want to, not because you told to
    if you wait for others to tell you, just re do the basics while waiting. that’s what a good student do
    and don’t worry, religion only proven after we dead, so you have a lifetime to practice.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Continue by all means, but don’t rush. I would develop a sturdy foundation by getting general, non-localized practices such as the microcosmic orbit down pat first and only then develop more specific focus. A pyramid stands when a tower topples. Also, too much flowless crown or third-eye attention can be a great recipe for headaches.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

as long as you notice that you are finding more of an inner balance
    just continue your practices and don’t feel like you have to do everything at once

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

No.
    What rhyme or reason in going on like this?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.