This search form (with id 1) does not exist!

In a Tarot deck of 78 cards, what are the odds of pulling the same card twice in a row?

Mystic Banana Discussion Forum Forums Forum In a Tarot deck of 78 cards, what are the odds of pulling the same card twice in a row?

• This topic has 23 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by yyeluz26388943.
  • Creator
    Topic

yyeluz26388943
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

Mathematically, it’s 1:78 to pull a specific card. But what are the odds of pulling the SAME card twice in a row?

In a Tarot deck of 78 cards, what are the odds of pulling the same card twice in a row?

• yyeluz26388943
    Participant
    Up
    Down

After my first Reiki session I was checking out the tarot decks in the store gift shop and I pulled the ‘Buddha’ (aka Consciousness) card twice in a row from the demo deck. I then purchased a new deck, took it home and pulled the Buddha card for a third time as the first card randomly pulled form the deck… I think those odds are 0.000000027. or 27 time in 1 Billion shot – not counting the fully new deck in the mix.

yyeluz26388943
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I opened a new deck on Monday, and I shuffled them thoroughly, I asked “who am I” and pulled the 3 of Coins. The book I am ready (Mary Greer – 21 ways to read a tarot card) told me to do it two more times. I shuffled very thoroughly and pulled the 3 of Coins again. I shuffled a third time (as the book told me to – asking the same question each time) and YES the third time I got the 3 of Coins.
    It is a brand-new deck so the cards are not bent or worn. So weird! The book has you study the same card for all 21 exercises so I am definitely sticking with the 3 of Coins – though I have never identified with the Coins/Pentacles/Disks (what have you).

yyeluz26388943
    Participant
    Up
    Down

78 to the third power is 474,552. So my chances of pulling the same card three shuffles in a row is 1 in 474,552 – which is still better odds than winning the lottery (especially since I don’t play the lottery).

yyeluz26388943
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Please help guys 🙁 I bought a tarot deck for myself the other day and in it I received 2 hermit cards but no chariot card. Should I tell Spencer’s the store I got it or should I pretend one of the is actually the chariot card since 2 came in the same deck?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members
  • Active
  • New
  • Groups
  • Active
  • Newest
Dark mode