I have a nice Buddha poster called "Reflections"?

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down
    ::

by Nathan Hippies are cool:

It’s Buddha meditating at a temple at sunset and water in front of him. The image is reflected in the water.
    I got a frame for it and it’s on my lounge wall. Looks really cool and relaxing.
    I wondered if you think a light fitted above it would look nice? Or maybe a small table or shelve below with tea lights and oil burner?

Answer by Grammar Brother
    The tea lights and oil burner are a great idea.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

lava lamps next to it

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

DON’T PUT IT NEAR THE FLAMES

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I’d avoid an overhead light as it would be a harsh contrast to the serene concept of the image; some form of indirect light or the candles would be better. lamps with low watt bulbs maybe.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Sounds more like a shrine.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Something three-dimensional like a statue would look more natural with the light coming from above, but a poster, the effect would be the same either way. And a table below it would be nice. You could add flowers and maybe incense. I vote for a table.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I am happy for you to have this meaningful poster called Reflections, and I think you are fortunate too. The most profound teachings of the Buddha touch on Emptiness, reflections of images in water have been frequently used in the Emptiness teachings to describe the ultimate reality. “Watermoon” is also a common term used in many teachings (esp in Tibetan Buddhism) to explain that all appearances are like reflections of the moon in water, and because all sentient beings don’t realise that they cling to everything in the samsara as real, solid and truly exist, thus giving rise to various sufferings. May the connection of this portrait opens for you the door to the Buddha’s higher Teachings, with Metta. : )

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.