This search form (with id 1) does not exist!

I can't stop touching my neck…?

Mystic Banana Discussion Forum Forums Forum I can't stop touching my neck…?

• This topic has 25 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years ago by yyeluz26388943.
  • Creator
    Topic

yyeluz26388943
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

I have this weird thing that i think may be a phobia. I cant stop touching a certain part of my neck. It used to only happen when I would consciously think about it but now I do it unconsciously and I’ve had people point it out to me. Right now it’s hard for me to type this because I can’t stop touching that spot on my neck. I’ve had this problem for awhile and its starting to interfere with my school work.I can’t even stop when i’m in school. I fall asleep with my hands at my throat because the spot has to be touched. I’ve heard that it may be linked to my throat chakra and if it is I need to know why I do it. Is it a Phobia? Is it Spiritual? And if someone knows, how can I stop having this compulsive touching of my neck? I have no other symptoms of compulsiveness if it is linked to OCD. I am not obsessed with cleanliness I have no special habits no obsessive routines, just this constant need to touch my neck. If it may be linked to my past I have no recollections of dramatic events that would pretain to this. Its only been going on for about a year now. well maybe longer I dont rightly remember, but if anyone has any answers or any advice on how I could stop please help me. Because this obsession is starting to take control of my life.

I can't stop touching my neck…?

• yyeluz26388943
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Wow same here, you just have to touch a certain part of your neck right. Mines right side middle bottom. Would have bet I was the only one.

yyeluz26388943
    Participant
    Up
    Down

If anyone figures this out let the rest if us know, it’s driving me nuts.

yyeluz26388943
    Participant
    Up
    Down

After searching the Internet and finding almost nothing about this subject, I finally found this page. My mother suffers from the same thing. Sometimes it’s about every 30 seconds, sometimes once every few minutes, and sometimes it’s nonstop for hours on end. She lifts her left hand (always the left one) and quickly puts it around her neck. Sometimes it stays stationary, or sometimes she uses her index and middle fingers to rub down the front of her neck. It’s been going on for about a year. She used to deny that she EVER did it, even when I would say something to her while it was happening!
    Afer a while, I would reach over and touch her hand when she’d put it around her neck, and at that point she had to admit she was doing it. She would remove her hand, but it would make her very irate. She would shout “Stop bothering me, leave me alone!” or “Don’t worry about it!” When her hand was no longer around her neck, her tic would redirect and something else would happen, like an intense fit of rapid blinking or rapid gasping, or her head would start shaking.
    She hasn’t stopped the behavior, and now when the hand goes around her neck, her tongue comes all the way out of her mouth and she bites down on it, with her lips curled under her teeth. She slowly pulls her tongue back in, then she blinks and twitches. She’s moving nonstop and unintentionally making a spectacle of herself in public. She’s a very intelligent person, but people stare at her or treat her like she’s mentally handicapped, and I hate it. She’s back to denying that any of this happens, and she’s ruining her face by biting down on her lips nonstop, and leaving huge blisters on her tongue.
    What do I do for someone who is in such denial about her problem?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members
  • Active
  • New
  • Groups
  • Active
  • Newest
Dark mode