- This topic has 11 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by yyeluz26388943.
April 23, 2010 at 9:17 pm #2970
Can a person live without Pituitary Gland?
I have lived 33 years without a pituitary gland. It was thought by specialists that I had a growth hormone deficiency. Almost four years ago my doctor ordered a cat scan and finally discovered this. I was told I am very lucky to have never experienced any trauma because my body doesnt make cortisol to cope with it. I’m interested to talk to anyone else who maybe has a similiar situation.::
I have searched for years for any other people who lost their Pituitary gland! My Pit gland hemorrhaged in the mid 80s, (extremely painful to go through). Various doctors since have told me that no one can live without a Pituitary gland for more then an hour at most! I have had several MRIs over the years by doctors that have tried to find my Pituitary gland! They have all failed. My medical case (as I was informed a year later) has been and still is taught in many medical schools.I was shocked to read the above info of another person who also has no Pituitary gland! I am a bit puzzled, as many doctors over the years have told me no one can live without that gland! I would like to hear from others, and any other information!::
my daughter was dignoised with a brain tumor 2 years ago that she had from the onset of birth (it was slowing growing and finally reached its breaking point when she was 17 when medical issues started). Surgery was performed a day later to remove it. when the surgery was performed her pituitary gland was damaged and no longer works. With that she know has other issues. They have placed her on a steroid for the rest of her life to compensate for her body no longer producing the cortisol it needs. She is only 4ft 4in tall and was very skinny her whole life know because of the steroid she has gained a ton of weight and is very large for her frame size. Are there others who face this issue. Do you know of alternative suggestions besides her being on steroids for the rest of her life?
I am trying to find out as much information I can to help her she has so much life ahead of her I don’t want her to feel depressed or upset about what the medication has done to her.::
I AM FROM MICHIGAN WHEN I WAS 19 I HAD TWO GOLF BALL SIZED TUMORS ON MY PITUITARY GLAND AND HAD TO DO CHEMO THERAPY FOR 8 WEEKS WHEN THEY REMOVED 1 AND A LITTLE OF THE 2ND ONE. I ENDED UP ABOUT 10 WEEKS LATER WITH AN “EMPTY SELLA” BACK IN 1987 THEY DIDN’T KNOW TO MUCH ABOUT THAT. I AM 52 YEARS OLD NOW SO 33 YEARS LATER NOW MY BODY IS CRASHING. MY ADRENAL GLAND FAILED, MY KIDNEYS, LIVER, THYROID AMONG OTHER INTERNAL ORGANS ARE ALSO FAILING. NOW I’M TOLD I HAVE PROBABLY UNDER A YEAR TO LIVE. AMAZING HOW MUCH THIS SMALL GLAND CONTROLS! I HEARD FROM DOCTORS NORMAL LIFE SPAN IS ABOUT 15-22 YEARS. SO ANYONE OVER 32 YEARS IS A 1 IN 5,000,000!::
My tumor was discovered when I was 32. tumor was big pit was destroyed. In 2000 I radiation treatment tumor was big ,pit was gone and radiation was the final strike. I am now 71 and having lots of trouble but have very poor doctors and endo. so I suffer alot, mostly pain and trying to stay awake.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- how long can a person live with a swollen pituitary gland?
- if your hypothalamus became disconnected from your pituitary gland, what would still work in your pituitary?
- Can the pituitary gland heal itself?
- Is adrenaline made in the pituitary gland? Is it a hormone? if so is all hormones steroids?
- How can I stimulate my pituitary gland.?
- Hormones released by the posterior pituitary gland (such as oxytocin) are synthesized by?
- What does the pituitary gland control and where is it?
- What diseases affect the pituitary gland?
- Would a MRI of the pituitary gland also show any problems with the hypothalamus?
- How do you stimulate the pituitary gland?
- What would be a super hero name for the pituitary gland?
- Can smoking and drinking cause a pituitary gland tumour to get bigger?
- What does monkey pituitary gland taste like?
- What is the primary function of the pituitary gland?
- What hormones does the pituitary gland control or release?
- How are tumors near and around the pituitary gland removed?
- What are the symptoms that a brain lipoma near the pituitary gland has grown some?
- my loved oneMRI report shows that he has edema around optic chiasma which causing pressure on pituitary gland?
- Are your antisocial malajusted tendencies the product of your berserk pituitary gland?
- what is the pituitary gland and how is it related to not bein able to get pregnant?