Are everyone who are celebrating Christmas celebrating it for pagan reasons?

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down
    ::

I see here many Christians saying they celebrate Christmas for different reasons than pagans, but still people keep saying that Christians have a pagan holiday…what gives?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

We point out that Christians stole the Pagan holiday and warped it to fit their beliefs.
    Mostly we point this out when they challenge the “right” of non-Christians to celebrate Christmas.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Christmas is the celibration of the birth of christ!
    What can be pagan about that?

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

it depends wut ur celebrating.
    if ur celebrating it cuz of the birth of jesus christ than no it’s not pagan, but i u celebrating it just cuz of the gifts than yeah i guess u could call it pagan.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

My understanding of the whole christian/pagan christmas thing is this: the christians celebrate the birth of their savior using pagan celebration methods and means. The evergreen tree is a pagan symbol fo the promise of everlasting life, but the christians use it as their own as they celebrate the “everlasting life” that jesus brings them, etc. Christians have taken pagan symbols and given them a meaning related to christ and now use those symbols to celebrate christmas.
    People tend to get bent out of shape over this, but remember folks, a symbol only means what you want it to mean. I could have a christmas tree and say for me, it symbolizes that life can be prickly. Everyone applies their own meanings to symbols.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I’m celebrating Yule, the Pagan holiday.
    Other than the name, Christmas, and the birth of Jesus, everything else about Christmas is pagan.
    The trees, holly, mistletoe, Santa, feasting, singing and gift giving. Readers Digest version: Early Christians adopted Pagan traditions so that the newly converted Pagans would not stray back to paganism during the holy days.
    As a Pagan, I’m please that the Christians use our symbols. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Christians celebreate pagan TRADITIONS but they aren’t celebrating Yule any more then I am celebrating Christmas.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Christmas and Christianity have pagan roots. None of the ideas are original. They borrowed all of it from older religions. Google it LOL

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.