Are demonic possesions attempts really sleep paralysis?

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down
    ::

I have been experiencing Sleep Paralysis for the last 2 years. My first episode occured 2 years ago when trying to sleep. First I felt a presence then a insane fear and boom! im paralyze. During the episode I just couldnt move, talk nothing! just lots of fear and an energy going thru my whole body sucking me out. Then it started happening about twice a month, there was also one night with 3 episodes less than 3 hours.
    Episode 22. Now things got more worse. During this episode same thing cant move, talk. lots of fear. This time I started praying, as soon I mention Jesus Christ I was able to move then following my bed started Vibrating full of energy (bed wasnt moving physically) then was able to hear demonic voice shouting on a different tongue for a good 3 second and it left. After this episode I started recording my sleeps. In one of tapes at 4:12am my room door shut by it self and at 4:14 it open. Heres when I realize all this episodes is not my imagination like i thought. There is some entity here is trying to harm me
    episode 24. The worst episode. It happen at 1:20 am. Went thru the same paralysis process but this time I was able to see the entity. It was a black figure in a human shape standing in front of me then what ever this son of the ***** is got in top of me started choking me. Heres when attempted to yell Mom! I was able in a very low tone
    luckily my mom did heard me. She enter the room first thing I said Pray for me mom! she figure out what was going on. While my mom was praying this entity kept pressing on my neck even harder. Until my mom started spraying holy water on me is when it let go. He just yelled like it burned him and tried to attack my mom but he couldnt and flee (my mom couldnt see anything)
    Yesterday I talk about it with my mother, she was trying to convince me its all my imagination dat i have been stress out or I have been watching too much horror movies…Then she said “if u want I will bring a priest to bless the house if that will make you feel better” when she said that, The crucifix I have in my room flew accross my room back and forward in front of my mother..Now she believes me
    We are both scare now what should we do? is this demon is actually trying to posses me? Should we get the church involve now? or just move out?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Yes demons can cause sleep paralysis. Call on Jesus then get saved. Belief in Jesus is the only way into heaven. =)

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Please go see a psychiatrist.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Up
    Down

Yes, it’s just sleep paralysis. Your eyes can be open, and you can be aware of your surroundings, but your mind can still be in a dream state, which is why you can imagine all these malevolent entities.
    You can’t move because that’s what happens to your body when you sleep.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Dude, if you’re serious, I suggest you contact a CATHOLIC priest trained in exorcism right away. Seriously. Don’t wait.
    I’ll pray for you.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

It’s just sleep paralysis. Feelings of strangulation/suffocation and feeling another presence in the room with you is very common. I’ve had it all my life. The best way to stop it is to calm down and remember that it is completely harmless. Next time, try focusing really hard on moving one small part of your body like your little finger or something, or just go back to sleep. Nothing is wrong with you. There are no demons, no devil trying to hurt you just a common condition that is harmless,

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Did only 1 or 2 of the people who have answered so far actually read the whole thing?
    Anyway, a question or two for you: you said you asked your mum to pray for you, and then said “she figure out what was going on” and was praying and then “started spraying holy water” on you. But then you said the next day “I talk about it with my mother, she was trying to convince me its all my imagination”. If she thought it was all your imagination, why would she pray for you? And even more to the point, why would she throw holy water on you? Did she not see the thing you supposedly saw trying to strangle you?
    Now aside from that I found your story pretty believable, but then you said “The crucifix I have in my room flew accross my room back and forward in front of my mother..Now she believes me”. If you’re making this up, nice job, but you shouldn’t lie. If you’re not, then that’s amazing, and is indicative of a genuine, serious problem. I’m trusting, so let’s go with the latter.
    I’m a Christian. I’ve had what is probably sleep paralysis once or twice in my life, and when I looked it up on Wikipedia I noticed that in so many cultures around the world it is associated with demons. That may be because that’s how things were back when those ideas were formed, with everyone attributing the unknown to demons. Or it may be because there is something demonic going on, I don’t know. I do believe demons are real, but they seem pretty rare. Either way I don’t fear them because I have the Holy Spirit living in me, who is far greater than any demon.
    If you’re a Christian, you need not fear being possessed by a demon either. Do you believe in Jesus alone as the sacrifice for your sins? You are saved by God’s grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone?
    Here’s some reading you may find helpful:
    http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-exorcism.html
    http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-demon-possessed.html
    http://www.gotquestions.org/demonic-activity.html
    Oh, and an aside on “holy water”:
    The Bible is silent about holy water the way it is used today. For baptism, Matthew 3:11 speaks of “baptizing with water for repentance,” with nothing in the context suggesting that the water itself is holy. Baptism is a symbolic ritual, identifying yourself with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. A closer parallel to the modern use of holy water would be God’s laws in the Old Testament, which require cleaning ritually unclean things with water to purify them before you can touch them (see Leviticus 15, 16, and 17:15). See also a specific reference to ritually unclean people found at Numbers 19:17.
    Holy water is now permanently retained at the entrance of Catholic churches, blessed at the first of each lunar month, and sprinkled over patrons as they enter. This practice was created to supplant the pagan celebration of the New Moon, according to canon 65 of the Council of Constantinople (691). According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, the earliest modern uses of holy water appear in the ninth century. That, coupled with the New Testament’s silence regarding the practice and use of holy water, it can be concluded that the tradition of holy water was created for the sole purpose of putting a pagan ceremony out of commission, using a few scant biblical references to water for purification.
    Any practice that makes us feel closer to God and furthers our walk with Him should be encouraged (cf. Romans 14, esp. v23). But also consider 1 Corinthians 6:12. If a practice is beneficial to a relationship with God, keep it; otherwise, throw it away. This is all the more true when said practice has little biblical foundation. The Bible nowhere instructs Christians to use “holy water” in any way, shape, or form. The Catholic practice of holy water is not biblical.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Here is an experience of a person that was able to get rid of their sleep paralysis episodes:
    http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=306
    No one will be able to hear the voices other than you, but be certain to rebuke the demons in the name of Jesus Christ. They can do all the things you describe including making you body vibrate. You need to seek deliverance from the demons. Google deliverance ministries.
    Here is another experience of a person that was delivered from demons:
    http://www.christian-faith.com/forjesus/amazing-deliverance-from-demons-of-violence-hatred-and-revenge

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I was going to post something but … i totally agree with SDG .. Jesus is the only way, God bless you 😀

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.